Friday, June 25, 2010

Ms. Laura contacted me and introduced herself today. We had a great chat. Talked for about an hour, to an hour and a half, about family [ß Family? Ohh, I forgot: you’re “The Family Guy”.], and her work at the FCC, and some of her philosophy of enforcement, etc.

I found her to be extremely pleasant, and fun, with a great sense of humor, and a good, hopeful perspective about the future of the service.

She asked for my assistance [ß And Jesus wept!] and listened patiently to my (many and varied) opinions on enforcement and ham radio. It was almost like chatting with an old friend. [ß Or at least a ‘friend of a friend’, since ‘Rot’ Riley may have sent her….]

She says she has the full support of her superiors at the Commission, and although she has a backlog of 6 months of enforcement issues to catch up on, I got the impression that she'll be up to speed in no time at all.

I wish her all the luck in the world and I can already tell she's very fair minded [ß Unlike you, Brian, I’ll wait for her results] and she'll able [sic] to sort the wheat from the chaff in no time at all. [ß I hope so, Brian, because then you’ll be relegated to the dustbin of amateur radio history, where you so patently belong.]

My only concern is that government resources aren't all they could be, in terms of support for her position, but that's not a problem limited to the Commission right now. All agencies will have to allocate monies and prioritize accordingly. [ß But, but, only two sentences earlier, above, you state that “she has the full support of her superiors at the Commission”. So which is it? Does she or does she not have “full support”? Or are these your psychoses/multiple personae ‘discordantly opining’ as usual?]

Overall, I was very favorably impressed [ß I’m so glad you were “very” impressed, Brian.] and I think she'll be a valuable addition to the Enforcement Bureau and to the Amateur radio service.

Good Luck Laura! [ß I could not have said it better myself!]


Brian ‘Inconsistent CROW’ K3VR trying to snooker “Laura L. Smith Successor to RH” on QRZ.com 29 Jan ‘09

No comments:

Post a Comment